Monday, May 2, 2011

Welcome to May

          A lot has happened since my last entree, and it is a bit tougher keeping up with a blog than I  
thought.  Live and learn.  I am just finishing the teaching of my first class ( Film and Darkroom 1 )        with Working With Artists.  The second go around with this class starts May 16th, and I intend to   improve it all the way around.  I have also been asked to put together a Lighting Concepts class that  
will start June 9th, as well as a class on The Fine Print.  So this is keeping me a bit busy.

          I also helped to host theWorldwide Pinhole Photography Day on the 23rd of April here in    
Denver.  That turned out to be a lot of fun for everyone involved.  My image from that day is included  with this posting.  The exposure time was 1 hr and 45 mins.  It is of the face of the Grandfather Clock at the Zang Mansion.  I will need to try again as I didn't get what I had hoped for in the image.  Still it is a cool image.  The pinhole camera I used was a small box of matches I created to be able to expose 135mm film, one frame at a time.






          I have enjoyed the teaching and leading the workshops.  I do hope to continue this as I am
learning a lot myself while teaching.  Besides it is good to be back in the darkroom !

3 comments:

  1. Such an interesting image.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so much skill, it's nice that you've been given a chance to share it.

    ReplyDelete