Saturday, February 17, 2018

Trees, or Forest...

The Forest Path,  2018 - week 07

      Each week has its bit of exploration, learning, and when I'm lucky an epiphany that leads me to greater understanding of my art.  Or its' challenges.
     I have always found cottonwoods to be wonderful trees yet so full of individual character. 
Each tree is so different, and yet, still a cottonwood.  The challenge that has arisen with this, is 
that when I am photographing cottonwoods, I have found that I'm usually creating a portrait. 

     A portrait of an old friend.


Cottonwoods,  2018 - week07

     That won't work this time around.  I need to show the forest...  the whole community!  So I cannot focus on any one tree with its wonderful personality.  I need to capture the chaos of nature, while showing the beauty of the cottonwood forest.
      And then come up with art...


Cottonwoods,  2018 - week 07


No comments:

Post a Comment