Saturday, February 24, 2018

Grand Landscape

    
Goose Creek, Hayman Burn scar,  2018 - week 08

     I have found that capturing the "Grand Landscape" has been one of my greatest challenges.  In the 25 or so years that I have been doing large format photography, I have created a lot of disappointing images. Some have been close to being successful, and to date only a handful have actually succeeded.

     Part of my problem is that I'm always comparing my images with the ones I see in books by the "Masters".  What you never see in those books is how many times they photographed the same subject, till they got an image that met their approval.  You will never see the failures.  The books have always made it look too easy...  Yet it is a genre of photography that I will attempt every now and then.  Maybe just for the challenge, or to see if I have finally figured it out...

     And then again there are places that just beg you to try!


         
       Sheeprock, Hayman Burn scar,  2018 - week 08           

     But the rewards have been wonderful when I do get it right!  Besides which it means I'm out with my camera and no other concerns.

1 comment: