Sunday, January 7, 2018

Back in the Saddle...

Today (18.01.06), I exposed 8 sheets,  a very good day!

     When a bicycle rider falls off his or her bicycle, they will usually get right back up and continue their ride. Unless of course they, or the bike have become broken. 

     An Artist, when they fall of their path of creating art, it is a totally different matter. The  
recovery is not all that quick. Just the fall causes you to really question your art and your ability 
to create. Getting back into the flow seems nearly impossible...

     That is where I find myself this first week of 2018. Trying to get back in the saddle!  I had a
serious bout with cancer the summer of 2014 that literally blew me off my path as a Fine Art
photographer.  I was in the midst of a series of shows with a strong salon group when my fortune seemed to change.  Months of radiation and chemotherapy followed by a difficult surgery left me
hoping for some miracle to return me to the wonder I felt when creating my art.

     I am now clear of the cancer. And even though I have been doing some intermittent 
photography over the past three years, I have not felt committed nor produced an actual body of  work for show. This blog will be about my getting back into the saddle with my creativity. One of
my goals is to expose at least one sheet of film every week over the next year. As well as develop,
scan and proof it, I will also publish it in my blog the following week. I will also include some of the thoughts, as well as the challenges I find as I get back into the rhythm of my creative life.

     Please join me, and feel free to leave comments and encouragements.

No comments:

Post a Comment