Saturday, January 27, 2018

Deja Vu


     I am in week 04 of my journey of rediscovering my photography.  I am finding that it has become very inspirational.  The more that I am out doing my weekly assignments, the more I am actually seeing.  By this I mean my mind is searching for and finding compositions.  My awareness of light and textures is really high, and I am enjoying what I am seeing more and more.  In this way I am thinking photographically almost all the time.

     It is a lot like seeing the world in a state of heightened awareness, or in some ways, like seeing through the eyes of a child... once again.  This is one of the many joys of being a photographer and exploring the world around you!

Three Shells,  2018-week 04
     I am also revisiting some older images that I have done, and finding that I know see them differently.  I am indeed a different person than I once was.  And more importantly, I am accepting of this fact.

     Like this weeks images of shells, which I have tried so many times before.  Again it is done differently, and of course I have different results.

Two Shells,  2018-week 04

     No, I have not created the perfect image of shells.  And they are a long ways from the images by Edward Weston that inspired me to try them in the first place.

     But... I will keep on trying! (and exploring my vision)

1 comment:

  1. Love your work. The shells have a certain beauty that you can't describe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete