Saturday, March 31, 2018

One of those days...

     There are those days that no matter what you hope for or have in the works, they don't go as planned.  Around here in Colorado, it is usually the weather that causes so many things to "go south" so to speak.  My friend Lloyd and I were going to spend the afternoon on the plains east of Colorado Springs exploring and photographing what ever we found.  At least that was the plan...

     And for the most part, the only person I can blame is myself.  Guess who forgot to put his tripod in the car?  I did not discover this until I was getting ready to set the camera up, over a hundred miles from home.  That was the killer, as there is no way to get a decent image while hand holding my 8x10.

     It took a while for me to get over it, but I did.  No photography for me that day.

     Still it worked out to be a great day exploring some very beautiful country.  Focused more on exploring, and seeing, as well as the great company.   Nothing was wasted, and Lloyd and I will return to get those images one of these days...  Also learned that they build those big wind generators out there for a reason!  There is always some wind.  So maybe the tripod didn't matter after all.



     My totally accidental image from the day, taken while putting my phone away. I actually like it, except for the foot in the picture.  Mine of course...

3 comments:

  1. What's even worse is bringing the tripod but forgetting the camera mounting plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it an option when you leave behind the tripod to set the camera on a nice flat rock or something? It would seriously limit your choices in what to shoot from that vantage point, but perhaps working within such limitations could still yield something you would enjoy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are very correct there, and if it would of been my 4x5 Wista, I would of tried that. Not sure I wanted to risk operating my 8x10 that way. It needs to have a lot more support.

      Delete